Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Seed Germination: flower_newbie picture (Lavender from seed)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright flower_newbie

In reply to: Lavender from seed

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Lavender from seed
flower_newbie wrote:
Hi,
I have a question. I started growing some lavender from seeds about 1 month back, using simply seed starting pellets and plenty of water. There's not much sun in the Northeast at this time of the year, so I left them under fluorescent light the rest of the day and night (~15 hours). I got about 50% success rate with stalks that came up. In the instruction that came with the seeds, it said that after this 4-week time, move them into the fridge (39F) for 6 weeks, then move to 50F to complete germination. If some of the seeds already germinated (I added the photo below), do I still have to put them into the fridge? Would they shrivel and die? Is the purpose of refrigeration to induce the seeds opening up after they come to the 50F environment?

This is my first time growing anything. I guess I just want to know what I should do next, short of singing lullaby to make them grow heh...

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America