Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Homesteading: cocoa_lulu picture (Homesteading - "The stormy March has come at last..." )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cocoa_lulu

In reply to: Homesteading - "The stormy March has come at last..."

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Homesteading - "The stormy March has come at last..."
cocoa_lulu wrote:
Cold here too! What is up with that? Yesterday I was in a short sleeve shirt. Hineni, I'd cover them too.

I've been tired and anxious over last few days at the prospect of having company for such a long duration. But, now, today was the last straw. I think I'm going back to bed and crawl into a fetal position!
We added wood sides in the kitchen garden area over the winter and I've been layering cardboard and feed sacks to keep grass out. Today I tried to dig a hole to move a seedling and what?? There is a sheet of plastic at the bottom?!?! One of the type of feed bags that I get has a plastic layer laminated between the paper! UGG!
That garbage you see at the edges of the bed is what I have been able to pullout, there is so much more still in that bed.
I could try and pull it all out, but noticed the onions have set roots in the paper layer of the bags and when I pulled out the plastic...roots came with it. I think the only thing that has kept most of the plants alive is the fact we haven't had rainfall in over a month. I think everything will drown if we do get rain.
At least the later season veggies haven't been put out yet, I'll have to dig out all the bags. I'm going to try and poke holes in the beds I can't get under the plants...Shhesh...Do I know how to make a mess of thing or what!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America