Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Homesteading: CricketsGarden picture (Building a Home )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CricketsGarden

In reply to: Building a Home

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Building a Home
CricketsGarden wrote:
I will miss the upper level deck. It was very nice. Loved going up there for morning coffee and watching the storms roll in.
I use to say it was there so i could look over all my stupidity. lol My tower. ==so long tower.

Finally got the area cleaned up enough to start the foundation. It is not a full foundation. It is concrete columns.
Columns every 8 ft down the outer band of the home and every 8 ft down the center but every 5 ft from side to side.
If that makes sense to ya. Every 16ft has a double concreted =mortared column with anchor bolts.
There are a few loose set columns that i have to put in today. Hubby hates working with and leveling concrete blocks.
He is bad at it and takes him forever to get it right==so that job belongs to me. I had to redo several of his columns.
While I finish the columns===Hubby has started on the floor===He's in a hurry. I want to do it all One step at a time til that step is complete===but not him.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America