Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. A brilliant red sky here this morning so it looks like the weather may get a bit wet and cold. Another lovely day yesterday . I love walking around town when its sunny. Not an orphan in sight but I have 2 large bags of potting mix ready to do a lot of potting.
My doctor told me the other day that if I want to try and get rid of the lumpy bit around my middle I need to cut down on carbohydrates. Apparently they are the culprit much more than fats.
She advised cutting down on anything made with grains. Bread, biscuits, cereals etc. That means , less toast, crumpets and less cereals. She suggested trying eggs and tomatoes for breakfast. . Maybe a slice of quiche made without the pastry. Lots of fruit and vegetables too, which I do love.
It is not something essential I need to do for my health , just to get rid of the "muffin top"which can be uncomfortable , especially when sitting. I want my waist back.
I said to hubby, that I must look for an egg poacher and while we were in Harvey Norman , I asked and they had the cutest one. Hubby bought it straight away for me. It is a Sunbeam, which will poach 2 eggs, boil 6 eggs, make a 2 egg omelet or steam small vegies . It has a buzzer which reminds you the eggs are done. I tried it this morning and had 2 perfect poached eggs with a tomato. I love it.
Ladies , if you have that middle aged "muffin top" hanging around your middle, try it.
Hello Chrissy. I wont be watching the royal wedding specifically but will get to see it on the news. I wish them well and a much happier life than Dianna had.
Hello Colleen, we expect to see lots of brilliant pics when the camera arrives.
Anthony, congrats on the awards. You are getting quite a collection of prizes now. Hope Cocky is going along well too.
Hello Dianne, Karen, Pam, Marlene and Teresa.
Charleen, I do like that photo of Charley and his farmyard friends.
Louise, are you getting settled back in at NH ?
Hello everyone else I am going out to check on flowers to photograph while the sun is out.
Have a lovely day. I hope the rain eases off for those up north . You have certainly had enough for a while..
Here something to nibble with your cuppa. Cinnamon Rolls.
Happy gardening.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America