Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. A brilliant red sky here this morning so it looks like the weather may get a bit wet and cold. Another lovely day yesterday . I love walking around town when its sunny. Not an orphan in sight but I have 2 large bags of potting mix ready to do a lot of potting.
My doctor told me the other day that if I want to try and get rid of the lumpy bit around my middle I need to cut down on carbohydrates. Apparently they are the culprit much more than fats.
She advised cutting down on anything made with grains. Bread, biscuits, cereals etc. That means , less toast, crumpets and less cereals. She suggested trying eggs and tomatoes for breakfast. . Maybe a slice of quiche made without the pastry. Lots of fruit and vegetables too, which I do love.
It is not something essential I need to do for my health , just to get rid of the "muffin top"which can be uncomfortable , especially when sitting. I want my waist back.
I said to hubby, that I must look for an egg poacher and while we were in Harvey Norman , I asked and they had the cutest one. Hubby bought it straight away for me. It is a Sunbeam, which will poach 2 eggs, boil 6 eggs, make a 2 egg omelet or steam small vegies . It has a buzzer which reminds you the eggs are done. I tried it this morning and had 2 perfect poached eggs with a tomato. I love it.
Ladies , if you have that middle aged "muffin top" hanging around your middle, try it.
Hello Chrissy. I wont be watching the royal wedding specifically but will get to see it on the news. I wish them well and a much happier life than Dianna had.
Hello Colleen, we expect to see lots of brilliant pics when the camera arrives.
Anthony, congrats on the awards. You are getting quite a collection of prizes now. Hope Cocky is going along well too.
Hello Dianne, Karen, Pam, Marlene and Teresa.
Charleen, I do like that photo of Charley and his farmyard friends.
Louise, are you getting settled back in at NH ?
Hello everyone else I am going out to check on flowers to photograph while the sun is out.
Have a lovely day. I hope the rain eases off for those up north . You have certainly had enough for a while..
Here something to nibble with your cuppa. Cinnamon Rolls.
Happy gardening.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America