Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Another foggy /misty morning. Yesterday was the same and turned into a beautiful sunny day.
Mt new plastic greenhouse is up and ready to be used. I put it up on my own . It was very easy. One puts together the roof part , lays the plastic over so the roof part is set , then add the side poles . Once up the plastic pulls down the sides easily. . It fits very well into the space of the old shadehouse. I have a wire fence on the weather side with my mandevillea on it . The closed end is behind the 4' tin fence and the far side is next to the house. It gets sun all day . I will tie a piece of shadecloth over it for summer.
I am finding it so much easier to do things in the shadehouses and greenhouses these days , instead of worrying about keeping the garden perfect. Now the main garden just does its own thing , with a quick tidy up in spring and autumn.
I can wander up and down in the greenhouses and shadehouse, assessing things, feeding, watering etc with ease. I even have a seat in them.
As the main garden has grown so big, it looks a lot better just left.
I have lots of corners where things I really love are growing out there and it is very pleasant to come around a path and see how things are in their little nooks.
I am getting hubby to help today as I get the benches into the greenhouse. .
Hubby said it looks bigger than the others but its exactly the same size , just empty for the moment. Soon it will be full of lots of little green babies.
Hello Teresa, I do feel for those in that tornado. I have been in one in WA and it can be frightening.
Glad you are okay.
It seems that everything that Mother nature has in her cupboard is being thrown at the world lately. This year will go down as one of the worst fro so many large tragic events.
Hello Anthony, hope you are having fun with all your bulbs. I now have my lilium pots in the open along the edge of the new greenhouse. I hope they like it there and do well.
Hello Pam, Marlene, Dianne, Colleen Chrissy, Elaine and Karen. Time I went out and had a whiff of the brugs. the perfume seems to be quite strong on these cold mornings. I dont go down there at night because too many other things are out crawling around.
Hello Charleen and Louise. Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Have a happy day and enjoy your gardens if its dry.
I will leave you all something yummy for your nibbles. Chocolate MInt Shortbread.
Happy gardening.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America