Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Still a bit dark here this morning. Overcast and the sun is slowly getter later rising out of bed. I dont blame him in the cold.
I really have to get moving with the Roundup soon as the weeds are growing faster than I can blink.
Everything is changing color now. Lots of red in the snowball tree and the cotinus is getting its bright orange. Funny that the plum tree is still very green while the peach tree is already bare.
I will be getting all my little mini mini greenhouse boxes into the large greenhouse today. Lots of little peat pots too. I have seeds to plant later and cuttings to take in spring.
My popp y seeds are all going into the ground over the next month.
Hubby is going to help build a long fence for all the berries which are still fruiting.
My red dahlia 'Bishop of Landorf' has a last flower. The salvia leucantha 'Velour pink ' is looking lovely as are the others still in flower.
If you want a plant thats hardy all year , try salvias. There are so many , you will find some to suit your climate.
Hello Louise. Lovely to hear the latest on the darling girls. Properly brought up young ladies now. Looking forward to seeing some of your garden.
Charleen, you should be enjoying sun . We have the cold here.
Hello Chrissy, I bet you went out for a last sniff of angel perfume before bed.
Teresa, my oldest daughter worked in a club for a while then managed a pub, so I know what you mean about the work.
Many years ago, here in OZ, beer glasses were used again by the same person. Someone decided it was better to have a clean glass each time so it all changed.
Imagine if you were at a party or dinner and everyone wanted a clean glass with each drink ? The host/hostess would go mad washing glasses. Never happen.
Hello Anthony. How is Cocky and little Molly ? I bet you have afire going down there. Hubby is talking about looking for firewood for the small fireplace in this room . The heat from the heater doesnt quite make it warm enough so he used to have a log burning slowly . It has been a while since wood was easy to get. When you do find someone to sell any , it is very dear.
The people police have made it illegal to even pick up wood along the road here now. You should see the piles of logs that the greenies want left along roads as "habitat" Ask any fireman and they will say its a big fire hazard. An eyesore on some roads.
Hello Dianne, that green chrysanthemum of mine was a gift and when I moved it , I thought I had lost it but it is still there, just a bit smaller. I will have to take a few bits and move them around when it shoots again.
Hello Elaine, Pam, Karen and Colleen. I hope you are all keeping warm.
I'm off to get my fingers cold outside . I need to hang a bit of washing.
Try these lovely mixed cakes with your cuppa.
Happy day.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America