Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: DonnieBrook picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
DonnieBrook wrote:
Jean - that's pretty impressive that you could put up your greenhouse by yourself! It must be so nice not to have to worry about freezing temps or scorching sun as much when your babies are in the GH. I, too, love the salvias!

Charleen - I think my sister may have gone to the same plow day that you went to. She lives in Sylva, NC, but she was taking her son and grandson down to the plow day in a small town, as my her grandson is interested in doing some plowing. She and her husband have a big draft horse and they just got a new cart for him. Small world, huh?

Not much to show you in the gardens just yet. I have my first bloom though, on Jack Frost Brunnera. I didn't even know it had such pretty little blue flowers, as I got it last summer after it must have bloomed. We worked hard all day and things are really greening up and looking pretty with the trees getting their new leaves. Sometimes we think this place is too expensive to keep as the old 1763 house keeps needing more and more things fixed (chimneys need repointing and a new roof would be good), but all we have to do is look out over the gardens to the meadow with its frolicking deer and big turkeys hiding from the hunters and neither of us could bear to give up the place.
A new tile base for our shower is next and then we really have to do the chimneys. Oh my!

Glad to hear so many of you are enjoying your hot chocolate...sounds so good!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America