Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Seachanger picture (TEA ROOM # 87)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 87

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 87
Seachanger wrote:
Ditto to what Marlene said, Karen.......too wet, that's the problem......the flower stem is not supposed to die off, because that will flower again next season......
Even though our climates are different, watering is the key...for me it's once a week in summer and about every 3 weeks in winter.
As you can see mine live in the bathroom with the African Violets....they also share the African Violet fertilizer every time that I water.
The pot isn't the problem because they like their roots to hang over the edge.......having the Spaghnum moss keeps it moist but if there is a lot of it in the potting mix, that also makes it hard to judge how damp it is.
Water it thoroughly then tip it up and drain it so it isn't sitting in water.
Good luck with it, they are worth the effort....

Anthony, my spider has such a great web, her meals are always waiting and I am sure that I saw a tiny silver dish on the top of the shell..that must be who the extra TV guide is for......lol

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America