Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: DonnieBrook picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
DonnieBrook wrote:
I can't believe I'm actually the first to find you here, Jean!! Happy Mother's Day to you too, and to all of you Moms there. I popped in to make sure you are all enjoying your Mother's Day as much as I am today. Hank took me on a lovely plant whistle stop trip. We went to several plant places along the way and ended up with quite a nice haul. We bought some heuchera, a dark red bleeding heart, yellow, fuschia and deep blue primroses, pansies in many different colors and a chartreuse spirea with dark red flowers. I also have a number of hybrid petunias to plant yet. So far, Jean, I have put in dark red snapdragons, fuschia and white trailing petunias, bright red geraniums and white/purple eye osteospermum daisies. Mostly I've been cleaning up the gardens and getting them ready to plant some colorful flowers here and there between the daylilies, etc.. I wake up excited to be back and waiting to see what has come up and what birds are stopping by to say hello. On our travels today, I bought Hank his first birthday present ....an outdoor cement bulldog with a red shirt that will be painted Yale colors as soon as I can buy the right color paint. He saw this bulldog last year when we were shopping at this garden center on my birthday, and he has mentioned him a few times since. So, I bought him today and he is now out in the yard for the girls to play around. Here's a photo taken right after they discovered him today. I think they are huddling to discuss the fact that he is now wearing Yale's rival's colors and figuring out why I would do such a thing to Hank! :)

Dianne - that bathtub area looks divine....you must love a good soak in such a peaceful and pretty place!!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America