Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: DonnieBrook picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
DonnieBrook wrote:
I can't believe I'm actually the first to find you here, Jean!! Happy Mother's Day to you too, and to all of you Moms there. I popped in to make sure you are all enjoying your Mother's Day as much as I am today. Hank took me on a lovely plant whistle stop trip. We went to several plant places along the way and ended up with quite a nice haul. We bought some heuchera, a dark red bleeding heart, yellow, fuschia and deep blue primroses, pansies in many different colors and a chartreuse spirea with dark red flowers. I also have a number of hybrid petunias to plant yet. So far, Jean, I have put in dark red snapdragons, fuschia and white trailing petunias, bright red geraniums and white/purple eye osteospermum daisies. Mostly I've been cleaning up the gardens and getting them ready to plant some colorful flowers here and there between the daylilies, etc.. I wake up excited to be back and waiting to see what has come up and what birds are stopping by to say hello. On our travels today, I bought Hank his first birthday present ....an outdoor cement bulldog with a red shirt that will be painted Yale colors as soon as I can buy the right color paint. He saw this bulldog last year when we were shopping at this garden center on my birthday, and he has mentioned him a few times since. So, I bought him today and he is now out in the yard for the girls to play around. Here's a photo taken right after they discovered him today. I think they are huddling to discuss the fact that he is now wearing Yale's rival's colors and figuring out why I would do such a thing to Hank! :)

Dianne - that bathtub area looks divine....you must love a good soak in such a peaceful and pretty place!!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America