Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Well. its lucky I went out to see a garden yesterday as it has not stopped raining since. We have had just over 1/2 inch already. The weeds are laughing at me.
I was in salvia heaven yesterday. I was invited to visit a lady who grows salvias and pentsemons. I now have a wish list a mile long.
She has hundreds of them. The garden was so beautiful. She is on a farm so has lots of room. I was so envious. I came home with cuttings to pot up and I will be going back later in the year to get small plants.
I have never seen so many salvias in one place and so many growing so large. Some are up to the spouting along the house. I simply must have some . I am going out in my garden later to see where I can make a new salvia space. Of course , a lot will not go well here where it is so much windier with less shelter, but I will get what I can. I felt I had quite a few here but my poor little salvia space is midget sized. compared to that garden.
Hello Anthony, you are lucky getting those pots. we used to be able to get any that came into the old tip, but now everything goes to the "transfer station" there is nothing available. Everything all tossed in huge bins and noone can get anything.
Keep battling on with the aches . Moving keeps us all going . Have you tried glucosamine tablets ? I find they help especially with the aches in the hip joints.
Hello Chrissy. I am already getting hardwood cuttings going. Lots of abutilons and a few buddleas so far.
Colleen, congrats on the new camera. Very nice pic. Dont you love that salvia leucantha. . I have lots spread around along with the salvia leucantha 'Pink Velour' They do look nice together as the Pink Velour flowers are mostly white with little pink noses.
Dianne. arent you glad to have the little greenhouse ? Mine sits inside the large new G/H.
Hello to Karen, Pam, Teresa and Elaine.
Karen, if you are up to mischief today, I bet a plant goes home with you . Take it easy after the hospital visit.
Charleen and Louise, I hope you are getting lots of lovely sun.
With winter really on its way here, I may have to take another trip on the carpet to your warm gardens.
Charleen, if you see something flying over it may be me.
I'm off to get another cuppa to warm my fingers.
Try this Coffee Walnut Cake and enjoy your day.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America