Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. It seems we are all frozen . At least here, so far, we have not had the icy cold winds. I know they will turn up at some stage of the year. Probably early spring. We do get a lot of wind usually, but I am not missing it at all.
Showers most of yesterday and not too cold. I was able to take my coat off after lunch.
I was very naughty and had a lovely pie for lunch. Bacon & cheese. Very yummy.
I found no orphans that I wanted. Mostly daisies and a couple of larger trees. I did buy 2 salvias in tubes.
Looks fine so far this morning so I may get out to plant all the new salvias I am accumulating.
I really must get hubby to help me lift up some long pine posts later. I want them up on the roof of the shadehouse and across to the other side of the frame I am building. This will be higher than the present shadecloth, so the brugs will have more headroom.
I also have a very large echium that has to come out as it is growing right over the path there. I have to squeeze myself between brugs and echium.
I will transplant it elsewhere but I am not bothered if it doesnt survive as I have plenty of them around and they self seed like mad.
Anthony, keep warm down there and please dont push your cold weather up here. We have enough.
Hot soup weather now.
Colleen, you are going great with the new camera. Lovely flowers. I like your palm trunks too. I have only a couple of old tree fern bits but they are good for ferns etc.
Try cutting one in half lengthways and suspend from chain as a hanging container. I have 2 lovely pieces of the tree fern done this way. I just loop the chain around and secure with a joiner link. They will then hang happily from hooks.
I am presuming they will stand this treatment as I have never had any to try. If they tend to crack as mentioned in the brom thread, you could still strap them before hanging. I have epis and ferns on mine. I would keep to a usable size though. Mine are about 2' long.
I may be wrong but I would think the palm would be as strong as the tree fern for this.
Hello Teresa. It seems that the earth is shaking all over the place. Aside from the devastation caused, I do find it amazing that the whole piece of crust with Japan on it, has now moved so far.
We are on a restless planet.
Hello Pam and Karen. I hope you are both in better health now.
Dianne, I am reading 'Land of Painted Caves' now. It came around in the library quicker than I thought.
Chrissy. You keep those winds up there. My garden is looking pretty now we have more autumn color.
The snowball tree is red and the cotinus is turning from red to golden. I must try and get photos but its dull out there and looks like more rain.
Hello Louise and Charleen. I can imagine you sitting out in the sun in your pretty gardens . Pats for the young ladies and the long ears.
I am off to check the washing machine. Now that I am not standing there doing the wash the old way, I tend to forget the machine is going.
It will be a clothes dryer day today too. No use hanging stuff out in the damp.
I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. Keep warm.
Try this big plate of Chocolate & Rum Truffles.
Happy day
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America