Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: DonnieBrook picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnieBrook

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
DonnieBrook wrote:
Still Thursday here, Colleen, so I still have Friday to look forward to. :) Was that beautiful blue shot perennial salvia? Very pretty!

Jean - it seems that it should not yet be time for you all to have such cold weather yet, but the time surely does pass quickly, so I really shouldn't be surprised. It is not warm yet here, but the daytime temps are in the upper 60s and lovely. I love walking along the pond in the mornings now. It is so refreshing. BUT - this morning as we were ending up our walk, we saw a guy apparently breaking into our friend's cabin on the other side of the pond from where we were. We know he's out of state, so we didn't take any chances by confronting him and called the police. We haven't heard anything further yet. It's such a shame how much crime is happening everywhere! At some point in the night, someone also knocked down the cairn of stacked stones Hank built in our front yard. We could see the tire marks on the dirt road where the person stopped and got out and knocked down the 5 foot tall cairn. Sad.

Marlene - love that fern pot!

Teresa - It sounds like you really did come out of the damage better than it might have been. I'm so happy to hear that. We were all so concerned about you. Crazy, crazy weather everywhere these days.

Dianne - I'm still chuckling about Tilly's interruptions of your peaceful soak! I think that is just priceless pup behavior. I know I would like Tilly! She's such a cutie too! Here's a shot of my baby red bleeding heart. It has fern-like leaves and it is right behind the pink stone in this garden.

Chrissy - I love that white brug. I have never seen a white one!

Stay warm everyone and keep the pretty flowers coming!
Louise

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America