Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Looks like winter has arrived to stay for a while. Rain again and quite dark clouds hanging over the place. Nothing much will get done while everything is wet. If you dont see me around, please send out a search party as I may be lost in the weeds. They are growing while you watch. Laughing too, the darn things. Looks like another spring of hacking and getting rid of them at 3'high.

Hello Pam. Glad the snake wasnt any bigger and more aggressive. Lucky the dogs were not in its way.

Elaine, your mosiacs must give you much pleasure when you wander in your garden. So pretty. I just never seem to get to trying any. Maybe next summer
Hello Louise. What a sad thing to see something in your own garden ruined by outsiders. I do hope Hank does rebuild it . Maybe with a bit of cement hidden under the stones so it still looks natural. You did the right thing in not confronting that burglar. You never know what they are armed with.
The white brugs are very pretty and it is funny you saying you hadnt seen one . We here in Aust. were saying that all we had were whites for quite a while besides the odd apricot. Now there is a rainbow of colors for us.

Hello Karen. It will be interesting to hear views on the book when we have all had our read.

Dianne, your roses are still flowering and I'm looking forward to seeing them twice the size next season . Maurice is a very prolific bloomer.

Hello Anthony. Do you get snow at your place or more on the higher places ? I think the way it feels here, you may need a large lot of logs down there. It is freezing here and has not climbed over about 10C for days. I dread winter when the temps really drop. Maybe I'll be making a snowman in the yard.

Hello Charlene. pats for the longears and a special cookie for Charley.

Hello Colleen. What is that pretty grass in your pic ? I have some other growing nicely but I love the tops on yours.
You will have to get John to build you a further shadehouse with a strong roof to hang your palm bits from. When we built the fern house , I said to hubby , it had to be strong enough to hang lots of baskets from. . Thats the only drawback to the plastic greenhouses. One cant hang anything . I often look at all that empty space and wish I could hang things but the frame is only meant for temporary use.
I will be hanging a bit of Spanish Moss in the brom house though when I get some. I thought it would be very common and cheap,but it canr be found anywhere here .

Better go and see whats in the kitchen for nibbles.
Here we are , tasty Hedgehog Slices.
Have a great weekend.
Keep warm.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America