Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: dalfyre picture (TEA ROOM # 88)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
dalfyre wrote:
well after reading all the posts here i was inspired to go outside...
I have sprayed all the weeds & grass coming up in the driveway, weeded part of the garden, trimmed & dead headed a few things - I love my nemesias & especially that they are fine with me attacking them with hedge clippers.
I started to dead head the japanese anemone but ended up pulling loads of it out.
Into the nice sunny space that left me I put sweet pea seeds.
I soaked them while I was working & put them in once I was done.
Not sure if they will germinate, I was given them a couple of years ago & just kept forgetting to plant them.
Can't hurt to try.
I think I need the dwarf variety as the only sunny spots haven't got enough height to let the full size ones grow properly.
I tried them against the fence but it was too shady & cool for them.
Perfect for clematis though - those are really thriving.
pictured is the woodland corner a few weeks ago.
I put some japanese anemone in there last autumn & some has taken, no flowers yet so don't know if it is the white or pink...
hoping for the white, the pink is the one I ripped out today, it is in the worng place but I can't eradicate it - I have given up trying & just enjoy the flowers when they are out then ruthlessly cut it back. Or rip it out so that the next season I have a smaller clump, only takes a couple of years to be huge again.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America