Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

High Yield Gardening: texasrockgarden picture (13 Gal Pots and Raised Box Beds, Some With Straw Bales)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright texasrockgarden

In reply to: 13 Gal Pots and Raised Box Beds, Some With Straw Bales

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of 13 Gal Pots and Raised Box Beds, Some With Straw Bales
texasrockgarden wrote:
Just finished trimming off the dry onion tops. They were pulled around the middle of May (I forgot to write it on the calendar) and spread out on the ground in the area of the barn that is covered, but open air.

Now they are ready to go under the cabin to be stored on baby bed springs that are suspended from the floor joists. The cabin is on pier and beam with skirting all around making for shade and good air flow.

The picture shows them in a trough used for mixing concrete.

I planted three bunches of the Short Day Sampler (Texas 1015Y (yellow), Contessa, and Hybrid Southern Belle Red) from Dixon Dale Farms in Carrizo Springs. This was a good way to go for me. Will probably do it again next year.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America