Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Fragrant Gardening: lovesdaphne picture (What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovesdaphne

Subject: What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?

Forum: Fragrant Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?
lovesdaphne wrote:
This is my 3rd star jasmine in as many seasons that seems to be failing. First, I have no idea what is eating into it, I don't see anything, just the "chomp" marks! Second, the discoloring I know is from stress, probably the cold weather this past winter. I have tried to do everything I can from mulching over the winter to watering frequently in dry spells, to not watering so frequently. We have had a super long rainy season the last 2 years. There is good drainage in the spot it is in. The base soil is clay, but I amended it with really rich dirt when I transplanted it last year. It started to look bad right away, some of the leaves fell off and some of the shoots died. I do notice some new shoots on it in just the last few days. They are green, but still look pretty sparse. The top of the plant looks the worst. There is a hatched spider egg, that yellow looking blob is a bunch of baby spiders. I have never noticed anything like them in my garden before, and the plant was being eaten before they arrived! I LOVE these plants, but arrrrgh!!! What am I doing wrong??? I have a gardenia that looks similar, with some bug obviously munching on it. Who eats these things?

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America