Photo by Melody

Fragrant Gardening: lovesdaphne picture (What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovesdaphne

Subject: What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?

Forum: Fragrant Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What (or who) is eating my star jasmine?
lovesdaphne wrote:
This is my 3rd star jasmine in as many seasons that seems to be failing. First, I have no idea what is eating into it, I don't see anything, just the "chomp" marks! Second, the discoloring I know is from stress, probably the cold weather this past winter. I have tried to do everything I can from mulching over the winter to watering frequently in dry spells, to not watering so frequently. We have had a super long rainy season the last 2 years. There is good drainage in the spot it is in. The base soil is clay, but I amended it with really rich dirt when I transplanted it last year. It started to look bad right away, some of the leaves fell off and some of the shoots died. I do notice some new shoots on it in just the last few days. They are green, but still look pretty sparse. The top of the plant looks the worst. There is a hatched spider egg, that yellow looking blob is a bunch of baby spiders. I have never noticed anything like them in my garden before, and the plant was being eaten before they arrived! I LOVE these plants, but arrrrgh!!! What am I doing wrong??? I have a gardenia that looks similar, with some bug obviously munching on it. Who eats these things?

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America