Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. The sun is out and its nearly a frost out there. Hubby says it would have been a frost if not for the bit of wind.
Anthony, I know how you feel with the lack of mail. I love gettiing parcels in the mail and when waiting for one , the weekends seem so long. Hopefully the wind will clear the ash cloud quickly and your parcels will arrive.
I saw one of those white strelitzias in a botanic garden once. It was huge. Not for my garden here.
Chrissy, remember your small strelitzia ? It has grown beautifully. Still small as they are slow growing, but has lots of new leaves.
Lots of bulbs up now and I look forward to a sea of yellow later. The jonquils are starting to flower . I see lots of buds on everything so maybe spring is not so far away.
My cuttings in the mini greenhouse I have inside the large greenhouse, are looking very green. I am hoping they all keep growing well. I have lots of seed to sow later. I must get out today and plant the californian poppy seeds. I keep trying every year to get other colors, but always end up with the orange only. I have read that they should be sown in winter, so thats what I am doing.
I have to get out and cut the berries back soon as we need to get the new fence in for them to climb on. I have to find a new jacket for Michael this year. Poor fellow is looking very ragged after standing out in all weather. A new hat too, as his old straw one is falling off his flower pot head. . ( for those who dont know, Michael is my guardian angel scarecrow)
He will have to move aside a bit when the berry fence goes up. I may buy him a plastic chair to sit on.
Hello Chrissy, Anthony, Dianne, Elaine, Pam , Karen and Colleen.
Teresa, how are you doing there ? I see even more shaking going on. We may have to get along rope and pull NZ over next to us so you are away from the shaky area.
Thinking of you every time I see the news of more quakes.
Charleen. how are you doing there ? Lots of lovely weather I hope. A big hug for Charley.
Louise, how are things in your part of the country ?
Is your garden growing well.
Pats for the girls.
I will put out something nice for you all, then get out in the sun before it disappears.
Try some of these Cream Puffs.
Colleen, one always thinks of Brian and Leisa when cream is around. Nice to have memories reawaken with simple things like that
How many of us have that happen ?
Eucalyptus and wintergreen oil = my gran.
Tobacco smoke = my dad
Daffodils & jonquils = my mum.
Abutilon flowers = a loving old neighbor
So many things will stir those old memories. I had a friend who liked to visit the cemetary and couldnt understand why I never did.
I told her that with all the memories that are in my heart and mind, I dont need to go to any place , I just close my eyes and there are all the ones I love and remember , smiling at me.
Happy gardening. Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America