Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
The wind has nearly gone and the rain stopped for a while. I hope everyone in those storm areas are safe and dry .
I'm glad the rain has stopped because hubby has to do a very wet and cold job today.
The overhead tank that feeds the hot water system has sprung a large leak. After it finishes running out , hubby has to undo the pipe and redo it directly into the mains water from town. Most systems these days dont have the overhead tanks. They were there to add sufficient pressure for the shower etc. Usually in country areas.
It will be a job that requires me to be out of his way and out of hearing too, as there will be a few naughty words ,I am sure.
Nothing much can be done out in the garden as it is all wet and slippery I need to get out and rake up the leaves again. Makes for unsteady footing on the paths.
Lots of jonquils opening. All the anemones and ranuncs coming up. My dragon lily ( dracunculus) has 2 spikes shooting from the ground. I'm glad to see them as I moved it earlier this year, because it was in the way of the new greenhouse.
I must get to pruning the roses soon as they are all putting out new shoots.
I havea large cleaning up job to do when things dry out. All the kniphofias need cutting down . They have grown into a formidable low hedge. I like them , but they do get untidy. The hedge clippers will do the job. I have them where they can grow as they like and the other plants thread themselves up between them. Mostly pentsemons and a few daisies. With the agapanthus row in front , they do look very pretty when in flower.
My nasturtium lawn is growing well. I find them popping up in lots of places now I have let them get a foothold. Easy to remove any unwanted plants though . They do like climbing the fruit trees in the orchard. They make a good groundcover around the place .
Hello Elaine, Pam, Karen, Colleen and Dianne.
Hello Chrissy and Anthony too.
I am missing Charleen, Hope all is well there.
Hello Louise. you will be enjoying some lovely warm weather I hope.
I will pop out to the kitchen and see what I can give you all to nibble on.
One of my favorites, Blueberry Muffins.
Enjoy your day,
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America