Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Very nippy here too, this morning. Hubby will let me know if there is frost around. I am not going outside until I see lots of sun.
Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day. Lots of sun and no wind at all. I did all the rose pruning although as soon a sI went outside after lunch, clouds came up and a few spots of rain appeared. I persevered and the cloud went . Seems the Man upstairs always lays in wait for me to go outside then rains on me. Hubby thinks its funny and says I should be pleased to get any rain. I know the weeds are pleased.
I cut the kniphofias back too. I am going to move the ones along the roses as they grow too big. It was not a good idea to put them there. They can go out at the back gate where they can grow as large as they want. I will have room for three more roses then.
The old kniphofias are quite okay where they are and I love the tall pokers in summer among the agapanthus.
I will cut some of their leaves back though as I need to tidy up the bed next to them for some poppy seeds which I am going to try yet again. . I have a garden full of the orange Californian Poppies but so far have failed to get any other colors to grow.
I am hopeful of having all the garden tidied up by the weekend. I can then see if I have any spaces for something new. .

Hello Charleen and Moon. hugs for Charley . Moon what is going on in your garden at the moment ?

Hello Louise. I think I need to come over there and relax in the sun near your garden shed, away from our cold.

Hello Chrissy, hope you r garden is doing well. I see you walking through a forest of angels.

Hello Pam and Karen, are your aches and pains easing off with a bit of warmer weather ?

Colleen, my winter hippie grew well but no flower this year at all. Hopefully next year.
My small Arum hygrophyllum is coming up again . I am still puzzled as to where it came from. Such a pretty little thing.

Hello Teresa, how are things going with your heating now ? It is terrible to see the aftermath of disasters like the earthquake. Loss of homes, jobs etc.

Hello Anthony, have you recovered from your night out yet ?
my triumphator is poking its head up in the pot now.

Hello Dianne and anyone else out there.
Time I had another cuppa.
Here something to have with yours. Pumpkin Cake. yummm.
Happy day, stay safe and warm.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America