Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Very nippy here too, this morning. Hubby will let me know if there is frost around. I am not going outside until I see lots of sun.
Yesterday was a beautiful autumn day. Lots of sun and no wind at all. I did all the rose pruning although as soon a sI went outside after lunch, clouds came up and a few spots of rain appeared. I persevered and the cloud went . Seems the Man upstairs always lays in wait for me to go outside then rains on me. Hubby thinks its funny and says I should be pleased to get any rain. I know the weeds are pleased.
I cut the kniphofias back too. I am going to move the ones along the roses as they grow too big. It was not a good idea to put them there. They can go out at the back gate where they can grow as large as they want. I will have room for three more roses then.
The old kniphofias are quite okay where they are and I love the tall pokers in summer among the agapanthus.
I will cut some of their leaves back though as I need to tidy up the bed next to them for some poppy seeds which I am going to try yet again. . I have a garden full of the orange Californian Poppies but so far have failed to get any other colors to grow.
I am hopeful of having all the garden tidied up by the weekend. I can then see if I have any spaces for something new. .

Hello Charleen and Moon. hugs for Charley . Moon what is going on in your garden at the moment ?

Hello Louise. I think I need to come over there and relax in the sun near your garden shed, away from our cold.

Hello Chrissy, hope you r garden is doing well. I see you walking through a forest of angels.

Hello Pam and Karen, are your aches and pains easing off with a bit of warmer weather ?

Colleen, my winter hippie grew well but no flower this year at all. Hopefully next year.
My small Arum hygrophyllum is coming up again . I am still puzzled as to where it came from. Such a pretty little thing.

Hello Teresa, how are things going with your heating now ? It is terrible to see the aftermath of disasters like the earthquake. Loss of homes, jobs etc.

Hello Anthony, have you recovered from your night out yet ?
my triumphator is poking its head up in the pot now.

Hello Dianne and anyone else out there.
Time I had another cuppa.
Here something to have with yours. Pumpkin Cake. yummm.
Happy day, stay safe and warm.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America