Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. We did have a good day in Mt Gambier except for the damp weather. Here I was running around the garden on Wednesday without a jumper, then wandering around yesterday needing a coat for the early part of the day. It did fine up a bit after lunch , but still the cold breeze.
I found no plants in the shops we went into but didnt try any of the nurseries because they are usually a bit dear and their stock is often too pot bound to worry about paying good money for. Bunnings had a few bedraggled plants on special, again nothing I wanted.
I did come home with a few cuttings though. A piece of daphne from one of the gardens and some pieces of an unknown camellia along with pieces of a very pretty japonica which I think is Apple Blossom ( white with a touch of pink. ) from hubbys friends garden.
I also received my seeds in the mail from BGI, which is lovely. I will be out in the greenhouse today getting them all settled in.

This morning does not look nice outside. I see the trees blowing in the wind, so I know its cold. The sun is trying to come out between the clouds.

Hello .moon. I like that orchid area of yours. Looks like it is a very good place for them being shaded a bit in summer.
I do know the feeling of having to remove a wandering triffid plant as I have had to remove ivies before.

Charleen, I had to toss my dahlias as they were not worth having to tie them up all the time and the wind here was ripping them apart. I do like them and still kept the small red Bishop of Llandorf inside the cottage area..
I bet Charley likes the flowers on yours too.

Hello Karen. Great new car. you will enjoy getting out in it.

Pam, I think the dogs would like the jerky, not sure I would though. I like smoked meat but not to that dry stage.

Hello Dianne, I looked up your salvia. Very pretty and no, I dont have it, apparently it doesnt like frost much. . I did get a piece of S, Wendys Wish , yesterday though.

Hello Colleen. We didnt get up to see the large cacti yesterday but they wont be in flower until later anyway. I must try and catch them at the right time. .

Hello Louise, and Chrissy. Also Teresa and Anthony.

I hope you are all having a bit of good weather and enjoying your gardens.
Here is something nice to munch on with your cuppa. Buttermilk Fruit Cake.
Have a great day and stay warm and safe.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America