Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (TEA ROOM # 90)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 90

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 90
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. We did have a good day in Mt Gambier except for the damp weather. Here I was running around the garden on Wednesday without a jumper, then wandering around yesterday needing a coat for the early part of the day. It did fine up a bit after lunch , but still the cold breeze.
I found no plants in the shops we went into but didnt try any of the nurseries because they are usually a bit dear and their stock is often too pot bound to worry about paying good money for. Bunnings had a few bedraggled plants on special, again nothing I wanted.
I did come home with a few cuttings though. A piece of daphne from one of the gardens and some pieces of an unknown camellia along with pieces of a very pretty japonica which I think is Apple Blossom ( white with a touch of pink. ) from hubbys friends garden.
I also received my seeds in the mail from BGI, which is lovely. I will be out in the greenhouse today getting them all settled in.

This morning does not look nice outside. I see the trees blowing in the wind, so I know its cold. The sun is trying to come out between the clouds.

Hello .moon. I like that orchid area of yours. Looks like it is a very good place for them being shaded a bit in summer.
I do know the feeling of having to remove a wandering triffid plant as I have had to remove ivies before.

Charleen, I had to toss my dahlias as they were not worth having to tie them up all the time and the wind here was ripping them apart. I do like them and still kept the small red Bishop of Llandorf inside the cottage area..
I bet Charley likes the flowers on yours too.

Hello Karen. Great new car. you will enjoy getting out in it.

Pam, I think the dogs would like the jerky, not sure I would though. I like smoked meat but not to that dry stage.

Hello Dianne, I looked up your salvia. Very pretty and no, I dont have it, apparently it doesnt like frost much. . I did get a piece of S, Wendys Wish , yesterday though.

Hello Colleen. We didnt get up to see the large cacti yesterday but they wont be in flower until later anyway. I must try and catch them at the right time. .

Hello Louise, and Chrissy. Also Teresa and Anthony.

I hope you are all having a bit of good weather and enjoying your gardens.
Here is something nice to munch on with your cuppa. Buttermilk Fruit Cake.
Have a great day and stay warm and safe.
Jean.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America