Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Poultry and Livestock: green04735 picture (My broodies)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright green04735

Subject: My broodies

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of My broodies
green04735 wrote:
THis old fireplace sreen that I got at a garage sale three years ago has come in so handy for keeping my broodies safe,one is due the 10th and the ohter is due the 16th.Now I have a question,both hens have orpington eggs along with the silkie eggs(both are silkie hens)under them ,one had just one orp egg and 6 silkie eggs and the other had four orp eggs and some silkie eggs,two days ago one broke an orp egg and today the other broke and orp egg in the nest,I thought they would lay on any eggs but they seem not to like the orp eggs under them,the one that broke today she ate everything that was in it.I had candled all the eggs a few days ago and all were growing.Why do you think this happened?The orp eggs were on the smaller side.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America