Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Self-contained Box Gardens: AmandaEsq picture (New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AmandaEsq

In reply to: New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III

Forum: Self-contained Box Gardens

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III
AmandaEsq wrote:
Hey everybody - bumping this thread. Finally got my stuff growing. I'm sort of ashamed that my spring crop has become my fall crop. Heh.

I wonder if it's the heat, not enough water, not enough food, too much of any of the above . . .

The fingerling eggplant is doing the best of anything. When do they turn purple?

Tomatoes just starting to bear ripe fruit.

Butternut - the first 2 plants planted in 1 bucket together. Each plant has one squash - one is about 5" long, the other only about 2". The flowers bust open very prettily, but I am having blossom rot, methinks. So many flowers - only 1 fruit on each plant. I read other threads - have not planted in buckets before, but I assume same holds true - not enough water and/or not enough nutrients? They did suffer a little when they were set out in the sun initially. I am watering from the top in this heat till water runs from the drain hole to make sure there's enough water. Have added additional granule food. Have "mulched" with dead grass/weed clippings (hey! on a poverty budget here!). Wonder if that will improve things? Have also seen the yellowish/orangey beetlebugs with black stripes. Have stink bugs also hanging out on these plants.

Watermelon had a tiny fruit which fell off. :/
Have kept it watered and added more granules to combat this. Having a bloom every other day-ish now. See tiny fruits, will see what happens.

Cucumbers - too soon to tell. :)

Trionfono purple pole beans - just getting 'em trained onto the teepee.

Pretty lame, eh?

Any help with these issues above which may or may not have Ebucket remedies will be appreciated!

A.

p.s. I will not use insecticide. Please only natural remedies if you have any to suggest. Thanks!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America