Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Self-contained Box Gardens: AmandaEsq picture (New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AmandaEsq

In reply to: New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III

Forum: Self-contained Box Gardens

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of New Ebucket thread (we continue) PART III
AmandaEsq wrote:
Hey everybody - bumping this thread. Finally got my stuff growing. I'm sort of ashamed that my spring crop has become my fall crop. Heh.

I wonder if it's the heat, not enough water, not enough food, too much of any of the above . . .

The fingerling eggplant is doing the best of anything. When do they turn purple?

Tomatoes just starting to bear ripe fruit.

Butternut - the first 2 plants planted in 1 bucket together. Each plant has one squash - one is about 5" long, the other only about 2". The flowers bust open very prettily, but I am having blossom rot, methinks. So many flowers - only 1 fruit on each plant. I read other threads - have not planted in buckets before, but I assume same holds true - not enough water and/or not enough nutrients? They did suffer a little when they were set out in the sun initially. I am watering from the top in this heat till water runs from the drain hole to make sure there's enough water. Have added additional granule food. Have "mulched" with dead grass/weed clippings (hey! on a poverty budget here!). Wonder if that will improve things? Have also seen the yellowish/orangey beetlebugs with black stripes. Have stink bugs also hanging out on these plants.

Watermelon had a tiny fruit which fell off. :/
Have kept it watered and added more granules to combat this. Having a bloom every other day-ish now. See tiny fruits, will see what happens.

Cucumbers - too soon to tell. :)

Trionfono purple pole beans - just getting 'em trained onto the teepee.

Pretty lame, eh?

Any help with these issues above which may or may not have Ebucket remedies will be appreciated!

A.

p.s. I will not use insecticide. Please only natural remedies if you have any to suggest. Thanks!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America