Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Sewing and Quilting: quilter_gal picture (What Did You Learn Today? )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright quilter_gal

Subject: What Did You Learn Today?

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What Did You Learn Today?
quilter_gal wrote:
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157302/ but we were getting a little long in the tooth....

I learned that I often imagine things being a lot harder than they turn out to be. I have been dragging my feet for two years on this top because I was so dreading puttting it together.

I had referenced this quilt in that thread and sent out pattern kits to everyone who asked for them, but I finally got around to piecing the main part of the top, and I finished it, today! It *was* a pain in the neck but it wasn't nearly as hard as I anticipated! :)

You can see stages of the top in progress and sort of how I mixed the sizes of blocks in my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepolyparrot/sets/721576274576... - I included one picture exported from Electric Quilt so you can see where I deviated from the plan. It was kind of like puttting together a puzzle because of the differently sized blocks.

The quilt is called "Bubbles." I used 1930's repros mixed with white on white and white on natural prints and I mixed bits of traditional layout almost willy-nilly to get a modern look. I'm going to baste it tomorrow and hopefully have it done in another week. After I quilt the main area, I will serge the edges of the quilt and put on the borders, which are in a traditional layout.

Right now, the quilt is 90" square and when it's done, it will be 103". :)

This message was edited Aug 17, 2011 8:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America