It's time to read and vote for your favorite article in the 2013 Write-Off Contest! The four finalist's articles are featured in the May 13 newsletter and can be found through this link. Hurry! Voting ends May 18.
You've found the famous Dave's Garden website! Join this friendly global community that shares tips and ideas for home and gardens, along with seeds and plants!
Check out the DG homepage for a brief overview of what you'll find in this gardening mega-site.
I learned that I often imagine things being a lot harder than they turn out to be. I have been dragging my feet for two years on this top because I was so dreading puttting it together.
I had referenced this quilt in that thread and sent out pattern kits to everyone who asked for them, but I finally got around to piecing the main part of the top, and I finished it, today! It *was* a pain in the neck but it wasn't nearly as hard as I anticipated! :)
You can see stages of the top in progress and sort of how I mixed the sizes of blocks in my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepolyparrot/sets/721576274576... - I included one picture exported from Electric Quilt so you can see where I deviated from the plan. It was kind of like puttting together a puzzle because of the differently sized blocks.
The quilt is called "Bubbles." I used 1930's repros mixed with white on white and white on natural prints and I mixed bits of traditional layout almost willy-nilly to get a modern look. I'm going to baste it tomorrow and hopefully have it done in another week. After I quilt the main area, I will serge the edges of the quilt and put on the borders, which are in a traditional layout.
Right now, the quilt is 90" square and when it's done, it will be 103". :)