Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: quilter_gal picture (What Did You Learn Today? )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright quilter_gal

In reply to: What Did You Learn Today?

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What Did You Learn Today?
quilter_gal wrote:
Well, my magic heavy-stuff-totin' angel just left yesterday on deployment, so rather than wait two months to set it up again, I drew this sketch and hope it gives you the idea. The perspective is all off, but I think you can see how simple it is. :)

I don't usually use many clips - I use some binder clips along one edge so that I can go around to the other side and pull the backing taut.

But, I find that the OSB is so rough that it grabs the fabric and holds it for me.

Then I align one corner and two edges of the batt and pull it smooth, then the top. I start basting in the center of one side, working from the center to the left and then back to the center and working right. Then I do another "row" of basting a few inches farther away from me, again starting in the center and working left and then starting back in the center and working right.

When the area within a comfortable reach has been basted, I fold the quilt in 5-6" folds and pull the whole thing toward me, aligning the edge of the fold with the edge of the table and pulling the quilt taut on all sides.

Then I baste everything within a comfortable reach again. I use either the tagging gun, curved safety pins or straight pins with Pinmoors. :)

This message was edited Aug 21, 2011 1:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America