Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: Michael_Ronayne picture (Saving Postage on Seed Trades)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Michael_Ronayne

In reply to: Saving Postage on Seed Trades

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Saving Postage on Seed Trades
Michael_Ronayne wrote:
Corey,

In the fall of 2009 I purchased seeds from a seller in Malaysia. The seeds arrived in a small non-padded envelope. Each set of seeds was is a 2x3 snap-lock plastic bag with an identification label at the bottom of the bag. The seeds were at the bottom of the bag which had been rolled-up to form a cylinder 2 long and under 0.25 in diameter. The snap-lock had been closed before rolling but there was some trapped air in the bag to cushion the seeds. The top of the bag was secured to the cylinder with a small piece of scotch tape.

A row of seed cylinders was held in place by a folded piece of standard size stationary paper which also provided a little extra crushing. The seeds arrived in excellent condition and I had no problems with germination. The seller provided some extra free seeds which I have yet to germinate. Attached is a picture of the remaining seed cylinders and folded paper container.

Mike

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America