Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: mittsy picture (Another Placemat Swap)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mittsy

In reply to: Another Placemat Swap

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Another Placemat Swap
mittsy wrote:
So glad to have a progress update, Janice

As the days grow cooler we tend to stay indoors and sew more. I'm working on a few placemats for Meals on Wheels. I found some free patterns on Embroidery library. I have an interesting fabric that has dragonflies on it so I'm designing as I go. The sliced 9 patch made with 5 inch charm squares works well with borders added. It's a great way to use up those orphan blocks. And the size doesn't really matter you just adjust the borders to bring it up to what you want the finished size to be.

I'd like to share a little tip with you. Today I bought an index card case on sale at Dollar General for 37 cents. Every time my computer crashes I 've lost all my Dave's Garden addresses.So now I have a permanent copy and can add and make changes as needed.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America