Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Germination: Mel_B picture (What can I do to make these magnolia seeds germinate?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Mel_B

In reply to: What can I do to make these magnolia seeds germinate?

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What can I do to make these magnolia seeds germinate?
Mel_B wrote:
Excellent thread, thank you. My 30 year old Magnolia Soulangia has just produced its first seeds and I'll be trying all the methods to germinate. The tree is a lovely 20 footer, nice conical shape, and smothered in white flowers with pink/purple colouring (is that Soulangia? that's the normal variety in the UK.) I don't know whether it has just got to the right age or whether last winter's heavy snows (for the UK) prompted the 25 seeds. But I'll be starting with the floating test then trying batches of five seeds in the slightly different methods. Again, many thanks.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America