Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Cville_Gardener picture (Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cville_Gardener

In reply to: Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat
Cville_Gardener wrote:
Oh, that Christmas thread was a hoot ... and just kept getting funnier. Ya'll have too much fun.

The "Isle of Dreams" is, well, dreamy. :) We know it's the little details that make or break a design, and the lobster trap immediately caught my eye. I was smitten. :) But it's all done very well and I know you enjoy having that area in your yard. Thanks for sharing it with me.

I figured there had to be a story behind the burning pickle too. I'll never look at a Bird of Paradise bloom the same way again. :-D)))

My mother lived with us the last ten years of her life and I came to depend on her for dried floral arrangements. I got spoiled. I did learn from observing her but I need to get back into the swing again.

I used to enjoy traveling whenever I could, but now that I'm a caregiver, travel is severely restricted. Woodworking is an interesting hobby. I enjoy re-purposing things into yard and garden art. My problem comes when I fall behind on projects and end up with stacks of things all over the place. I'm prone to that.

A friend and I took a tour of a gentleman's yard and gardens here in town not too long ago. He is a retired college professor who has been in his home 40+ years. He had some wonderful yard art that he designed and made himself. This is one of my favorite pieces.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America