Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: Cville_Gardener picture (Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cville_Gardener

In reply to: Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat
Cville_Gardener wrote:
Oh, that Christmas thread was a hoot ... and just kept getting funnier. Ya'll have too much fun.

The "Isle of Dreams" is, well, dreamy. :) We know it's the little details that make or break a design, and the lobster trap immediately caught my eye. I was smitten. :) But it's all done very well and I know you enjoy having that area in your yard. Thanks for sharing it with me.

I figured there had to be a story behind the burning pickle too. I'll never look at a Bird of Paradise bloom the same way again. :-D)))

My mother lived with us the last ten years of her life and I came to depend on her for dried floral arrangements. I got spoiled. I did learn from observing her but I need to get back into the swing again.

I used to enjoy traveling whenever I could, but now that I'm a caregiver, travel is severely restricted. Woodworking is an interesting hobby. I enjoy re-purposing things into yard and garden art. My problem comes when I fall behind on projects and end up with stacks of things all over the place. I'm prone to that.

A friend and I took a tour of a gentleman's yard and gardens here in town not too long ago. He is a retired college professor who has been in his home 40+ years. He had some wonderful yard art that he designed and made himself. This is one of my favorite pieces.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America