Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Flowers: pirl picture (flowers from Teddy)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: flowers from Teddy

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of flowers from Teddy
pirl wrote:
If you put the heating pad under them it just might move them along but if you do it do not remove it after a few hours or a few days - not until you see it growing.

When I didn't know how important size was I was happy with any amaryllis. Then I learned that the bigger the bulb, the more stalks, the more flowers. I no longer buy locally but only order online. CZP gave a great link to easytogrowbulbs.com and they seem to be enormous.

If we didn't have plants in the window it would look too bare and too bleak on the overcast days.

My husband and I love plants and watching the amaryllis grow in the kitchen window is joy for us. We have an 11' window in the master bedroom filled with plants and another 5' bay window in there that is also filled with plants. In the guest room there's another 5' bay window filled to capacity and on the indoor porch we have the whole room filled with plants and five huge windows and a glass door - all with plants. It makes our home a more cheerful place in winter. Amazingly enough we have two box bay windows in the kitchen, each 4' wide, without any plants but there are some cuttings of coleus in one of those spots.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America