Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Computer Talk: hcmcdole picture (Help me please?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hcmcdole

In reply to: Help me please?

Forum: Computer Talk

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Help me please?
hcmcdole wrote:
Boston,

You can also get a "snapshot" of your problem in the future and post it. It takes a bit of manipulation but after the first few times you will be a pro at it.

1) Hit your Print Screen button (it may be labeled Prt Sc for example and you may also have to hit another key at the same time such as FN (function))
2) Open Paint which comes with Windows - click on Start, click on Run, type in mspaint, and click on OK if your OS (Operating System) is Windows XP or just click on Start and start typing mspaint and then hit return if you are in Windows 7 (maybe Vista too)
3) press CTL-V when paint opens. This will paste your "snapshot" in paint.
4) click on Save, navigate to the location you want to save it and type in a meaningful name. Before you click on OK or Save, change the extension to JPG. Now click on OK (or Save)
5) Now you can post your picture to Dave's by clicking on the Browse button below Your message box and navigate to where you saved your snapshot. Choose your picture and click OK, Send.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America