Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: chiku_ca picture (Germinating Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (indian night jasmine))

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chiku_ca

Subject: Germinating Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (indian night jasmine)

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Germinating Nyctanthes arbor-tristis (indian night jasmine)
chiku_ca wrote:
Hello,

I have a few (15/20) nyctanthes arbor-tristis (parijaat/indian night jasmine/sad jasmine) seeds with me.
I need help in germinating these seeds.

I believe these seeds are viable. I am trying to germinate these seeds indoors but I did not have any success so far.
I tried to germinate them in peat moss pellets but no sign of seedlings even after one week. I did not go through any pretreatment. I took the seeds out of their pods and put them in wet/damp peat moss pellets. I put 3 seeds flat and 3 seeds edgewise. No luck so far. The indoor temperature was 60 to 70 degrees F.

I have attached a picture of these seeds with and without their pods. I cannot afford to experiment much with these seeds as I have a very limited number with me.

Can someone advise me how to properly germinate these seeds?

Thanks

This message was edited Jul 5, 2012 10:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America