Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Bird Watching: reddirtretiree picture (Daily Bird Pictures, Vol. 431)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright reddirtretiree

In reply to: Daily Bird Pictures, Vol. 431

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Daily Bird Pictures, Vol. 431
reddirtretiree wrote:
Those eagles gathering were probably a once in a life time deal for me. Right place at the right time. But rest assured I'll check again about the same time next year.

That cardinal is brilliant, Granny. Lily, I had mockingbirds nesting in the back yard last year with the bluebirds and I often had to referee, but they finally sorted things out. I didn't want the mockers on the mealworms, so would wait until the BB's were there and just put a few out and remain out there while they ate them. Mockers moved to the front yard for a second brood, but have been gone all winter.

Another somewhat rare bird for Oklahoma from my trip to the Wichita Mountains last week. Canyon Wren.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America