Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: SolMan picture (Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SolMan

Subject: Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2
SolMan wrote:
We have come from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240452/
Chrissy has asked me to open the next thread with my B.'Ecuador Pink'
so here we are a new thread and a lot more blooms to post

Jean so sorry to hear those little biters hitting you again & again,
I have 1 affected plant B.'Double white' x.aurea i have sprayed it but i find that they are localised to that plant and no other at the moment.
I found that chilli detergent & water works quite fine here, what the detergent dose is strip there coating of and then allows the chilli to hit there nervous system and render them dead well that's what i was told many years ago. I hope you have success with what ever method you employ

Colleen many toddlers you have i have been in the Potting mood today and potted many up about 40-50 pups in a mix of 2 potting soils & Coir-peat brick

Dianne that is a lovely Fat aurea pod you have there hope it treats you well

Chrissy sorry to hear the weather just don't wanna leave your part of town but not all is lost, I'm sure the weather will change soon for you and then you will be swampt with all the breeding & cutting back planting ect><

I have also started a trial of fish in the potting mix, many years ago i heard that the Inca from South America put fish under there Corn to fertilise it while growing, I have used Sardine cut in 3 & used 1 piece per pot i have tyred this in 3 different varieties to see what will happen if any thing, (Gil tells me it will attract the cats but there is no smell from it i think the soil locks it away.) test 2 is to see if the cats do come around that is why i have placed the fish trial pot away from all others, Just in case)

Shaun

Is there a way you can change your User name on DG??????

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America