Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Seachanger picture (Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2
Seachanger wrote:
That's the one, cestrum....isn't it a beauty....

My day is continuing, I just took some cuttings and had them lined up to put tags on them, answered the phone and while I was talking, absentmindedly dropped them into the bucket of water, without tags..

I have a few plants growing that are Angel's Swingtime babies, hopefully they will flower next spring...

When I first bought seeds on Ebay, knowing absolutely nothing, except that the picture was pretty.....I
bought anything that looked good..Angel's Exotic, A.Swingtime and lots of Charleston...

The next year, I bought seeds that combined flowers that were popular and always talked about.
Eg: Rosalla, Sam, LBG, Dorthea, Rosamond.

Last year, I was more selective and considered the good points on both parents, most were singles.
Such as Superspot, Mango Crush, El Dorado and Jacayna...

When I look at the lists there are surprisingly few Brugs known, that are offspring of a cross of the most popular Brugs....and just consider how many thousands of seeds of a cross like Rosalla x Sam must be produced and sold....

Of the cvs that I mentioned Rosamond, as a pollen parent /pod parent, appears to have the most "known cvs" offspring.....and Rosamond is a single.....Rothkirch x Ocre.
Rothkirch of course, has been a wonderful parent.

So now that I know what I'm looking for it will save a lot of time and money....I am focused...the only trouble is I'm focused on quite a few...
A pink aurea, a lemon double, an orange single/double.
Now if I could get the depth of colour from Buck's Fizz into something, but all over instead of just the hem.....just look at these BF's, like baby birds in a nest.

The tangled tendril one is looking very good Chrissy...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America