Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Seachanger picture (Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2
Seachanger wrote:
That's the one, cestrum....isn't it a beauty....

My day is continuing, I just took some cuttings and had them lined up to put tags on them, answered the phone and while I was talking, absentmindedly dropped them into the bucket of water, without tags..

I have a few plants growing that are Angel's Swingtime babies, hopefully they will flower next spring...

When I first bought seeds on Ebay, knowing absolutely nothing, except that the picture was pretty.....I
bought anything that looked good..Angel's Exotic, A.Swingtime and lots of Charleston...

The next year, I bought seeds that combined flowers that were popular and always talked about.
Eg: Rosalla, Sam, LBG, Dorthea, Rosamond.

Last year, I was more selective and considered the good points on both parents, most were singles.
Such as Superspot, Mango Crush, El Dorado and Jacayna...

When I look at the lists there are surprisingly few Brugs known, that are offspring of a cross of the most popular Brugs....and just consider how many thousands of seeds of a cross like Rosalla x Sam must be produced and sold....

Of the cvs that I mentioned Rosamond, as a pollen parent /pod parent, appears to have the most "known cvs" offspring.....and Rosamond is a single.....Rothkirch x Ocre.
Rothkirch of course, has been a wonderful parent.

So now that I know what I'm looking for it will save a lot of time and money....I am focused...the only trouble is I'm focused on quite a few...
A pink aurea, a lemon double, an orange single/double.
Now if I could get the depth of colour from Buck's Fizz into something, but all over instead of just the hem.....just look at these BF's, like baby birds in a nest.

The tangled tendril one is looking very good Chrissy...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America