Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chrissy100 picture (Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chrissy100

In reply to: Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2
chrissy100 wrote:
Have you ever noticed the pollen is pink in the bee's little bags on the legs? they look so cute flying around dusted in pink.

Great shots cestrum,
I did do a comparison shot of Poison next to another brug , I think it was Buck's Fizz or Aztec Gold a long time ago, I think it may have been lost when my computer blew up, the IT guy did retrieve quite a lot of my photos but I also lost many of my earlier shots.

I will try and get another comparison shot later when Poison opens in the cooler temps, like all Sauveolens it shuts down in the day.
Most of my Pinks seem to open pink rather than white to pink, now that we have this multi feature we can track things better.
Even the flushes can change from flush to flush if the weather is different of course.
The first shot is the first flush from this Earth Angel x Pink Smitty ...the second is from the second flush.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America