Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: cestrum_SEQ picture (Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia in Australia - February 2012 -#2
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
Chrissy, those four photos of Pink Smitty seedling/s: are they from four different seedlings of the same PS cross?

Dianne, the seedlings in the foam box were growing right alone the edge so, when I sprinkled the bicarb of soda, I had to sprinkle it over them. Alas, it had the opposite effect it has on cakes: it made them collapse! Yes, they wilted the next day and died. Just wasn't possible to create a barrier in that situation. Never mind, more seedlings from that cross have germinated so it was worth the experiment. Lesson learned: don't sprinkle it on the seedlings themselves!

I hadn't intended to take that series of pics of Fifi. But I was out there watering and thought the splayed tendrils on the white bloom looked particularly pretty. Then, half an hour later, I noticed that the tendrils had curled so had to fetch the camera again. Then, at dusk, I saw that the bloom had turned pick so back with the camera for one last pic that evening.

While I was there, I saw that PS x D had a white bloom too, so took a photo of that and another this morning, after it had turned pink. Then of course I had to compare it with Fifi. Fifi is the larger bloom. They both have a talcum musk powder perfume but (so far) PS x D smells noticeably stronger.

Ooops--the first two photos labelled Fifi are actually PS x D, in white and pink mode. The last photo showing both is correctly labelled.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2012 1:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America