Photo by Melody

Poultry and Livestock: DonnaB picture (Larry found me 2 hens)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaB

Subject: Larry found me 2 hens

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Larry found me 2 hens
DonnaB wrote:
My good buddy Larry just moved back from N.C. and found me 2 more Black mottled D'Uccle hens Yeah!!! Poor girls are hiding out in the coop. 1 D'Uccle is Broody along with my remaining Sebright which leave 1 D'Uccle hen and 1 tailed Araucana hen or basically one to one ratio roo to hen. The new ones are so sweet and 1 looks show quality or pretty close to it. They went right in and the boys behaved themselves as well as the hens. First time I have ever introduced new birds to a coop without any fighting. This is the pic he e-mailed me when he picked them up. If I have time tomorrow I will take better pic.

Also have a pip on some eggs. Don't know if it is Sebright x D'Uccle(SeaDoo) or Araucana x D'Uccle(she lays white egg) or if D'Uccle. I have 6 in there and weren't supposed to start hatching until the 13th.
Also have 8 of Patches eggs made it to lock down. Hope they are all as pretty and him with dbl tufts lol

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America