Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: cestrum_SEQ picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
Shaun, how is your FFA cutting going--any sign of roots/leaves?
On 10 Feb I used the loppers to cut down a bloom from my inground FFA and cut off two pieces of the stem tip in the process. Couldn't bring myself to throw them away, even though they were small, green and the worst possible sort of material for cuttings--almost every green cutting I've tried taking from a brug has failed, except possibly the suaveolens--so I plonked them into this plastic cup and put them into one of the mini-greenhouses. The only special effort I made was to take the cup out every time I watered the other plants in that g/h because my biggest problem with cuttings is overwatering. And look now, 5.5 weeks later--they both have new leaves and some roots! Early days yet and I could still easily kill them via over/underwatering, but it's still pretty satisfying.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America