Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: SolMan picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SolMan

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
SolMan wrote:
Cestrum & Chrissy. doing a aurea x. mix to create a perfect yellow that dose not change in different weather with a high gloss and very long tendrils would be great but hay another plant will do hahahah
But ill cross every thing with any thing, I did try Datura Lafleur lilac X.Brugmansia suaveolens 'White ruff' hahahha failed

The perfect flower would be a double or triple with white top 2 skirt and a bleeding heart Blood Red) 3rd skirt but not fully developed would be when i stop growing or collecting Brugmansia

Dianne i pick my anthers before the flower is fully opened but the pollen being fluffy or i Tie them up so that they don't get infected with other pollen (see pic attached) which makes them more fluffy, i also put them on a sheet of paper named and folede placed in a sealed container with silica gel Tablets which i bought about 4years ago from china, but i also use the packs from vitamin and medicine containers which i put in the vials in to to dry out a bit more before storing in the fridge

Colleen we cant get OS pollen in Australia as i know some people that have tries

This message was edited Mar 21, 2012 12:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America