Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Seachanger picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
Seachanger wrote:
It's very hard to tell people from OS that you can't accept the offer of free pollen....but it has to go in the too hard basket along with Vulcanicolas and such....

Not to worry, I have supreme confidence in the future Brugmansias we will hybridize along with the ones we already have...
Who would have thought that a big strong Aurea hybrid like Ivoire would come from a cross between Sugar Pink and Zabaglione....2 more delicate hybrids....

We are really starting to produce some lovely types...mine are mostly white doubles and cestrums are mostly
pink doubles, but everyone else is doing fine with different colours becoming the norm now..eg Jean's Opale Etoile...can't wait to see a second flush....

Now that Allan's Fernando has decided to honour us with it's presence, well almost, it's pollen will be so useful....
We could do with a few more yellows and this season's crop of new ones just might bring us a new yellow or orange..
Can you tell, that I'm getting very enthusiastic, and it's a great time to remind everyone how lovely Ivoire is..

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America