Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: cestrum_SEQ picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
What?? I am amazed at how much time, effort--and yes, cold hard cash--Chrissy has spent on sending out cuttings to anyone who asked for them. This is NOT normal--this entire website is based on the expectation of exchanges or trades. Not free giveaways with the entire cost--not just of the plant material and time, but postage too--borne by the person providing the plants/seeds. No one else--not even Wayne or Mya, people who themselves have been incredibly generous (much more so than I've ever been)--has been so willing to give, of plants, seeds, time, effort, experience, support in every way. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished!

We can assume from now on, I think, that all cuttings in particular are offered on an exchange-only basis unless otherwise stated, as is the case in other forums. And of course no one is obliged to offer anything they have in their gardens ...

Anyway, I wanted to show those deformed innards on my Peanut x Ruffles and Flourishes seedling. This is why it's been so hard to breed from it: sometimes I can't even differentiate between the anthers and the style. But I also wanted to show the still-green blooms (2 of them) on that Salmon Perfektion x Dorthea seedling I mentioned. With that parentage, it has to be pink! But also, courtesy of SP, looks like it's going to be a double too :-)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America