Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: cestrum_SEQ picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
What?? I am amazed at how much time, effort--and yes, cold hard cash--Chrissy has spent on sending out cuttings to anyone who asked for them. This is NOT normal--this entire website is based on the expectation of exchanges or trades. Not free giveaways with the entire cost--not just of the plant material and time, but postage too--borne by the person providing the plants/seeds. No one else--not even Wayne or Mya, people who themselves have been incredibly generous (much more so than I've ever been)--has been so willing to give, of plants, seeds, time, effort, experience, support in every way. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished!

We can assume from now on, I think, that all cuttings in particular are offered on an exchange-only basis unless otherwise stated, as is the case in other forums. And of course no one is obliged to offer anything they have in their gardens ...

Anyway, I wanted to show those deformed innards on my Peanut x Ruffles and Flourishes seedling. This is why it's been so hard to breed from it: sometimes I can't even differentiate between the anthers and the style. But I also wanted to show the still-green blooms (2 of them) on that Salmon Perfektion x Dorthea seedling I mentioned. With that parentage, it has to be pink! But also, courtesy of SP, looks like it's going to be a double too :-)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America