Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Seachanger picture (It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It's Brugmansia time.....let's see your beauties.
Seachanger wrote:
I am watching the final stages of the flowers and the first corolla has dropped and left the calyx and the 2 styles just hanging, so I had to look up her skirt.
and there they were...... the next little surprise.....2 OVARIES....in the first flower that had 2 styles and 10 corolla teeth.

In theory there should have been 2, but in this circumstance, you can't be certain...It was either 2 styles from the one ovary or 2 ovaries...I'm glad that there are 2, so that makes a double size flower with double the corolla teeth, double anthers, double styles and stigma and now double ovaries....
What a little ripper this flower has been.....this is the clever girl..Pink Panther fasc #1

This message was edited Mar 25, 2012 7:45 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America