Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: warriorswisdomkathy picture (Overwintered perennials - anything that needs to be done?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Overwintered perennials - anything that needs to be done?

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Overwintered perennials - anything that needs to be done?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Did ya save any seed from the other two? Could plant your planter up this spring and then sprinkle some seed in and see if you get some babies.

Just to let ya know....My state flower (COLORADO)..happens to be Aquilegia carulea, the blue form of columbine. They grow wild all over the Mountains here. They are very hardy, it might be considered about a z3, tho not sure but they grow up to 10-12,000ft. I am here at 6800ft just east of the Rocky Mountains about 60 miles, and mine bloom all summer when deadheaded. They just bloom and bloom and bloom.

Are any of yours the newer varieties that are fragrant? They are yummy. Kathy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America