Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Bird Watching: 2dCousinDave picture (Bluebirds- Spring 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 2dCousinDave

In reply to: Bluebirds- Spring 2012

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bluebirds- Spring 2012
2dCousinDave wrote:
Yes, David, I am sure it won't be long. They seem to track pretty closely. But I have a friend who lives south of Roanoke who found five eggs in a nest on March 8th. I suppose they would have hatched by now. I haven't heard from her lately.

I worry though about cold snaps when we have these early nestings. We have four eggs in our box as of this morning, but she has not started incubating yet and they say tonight it may dip into the mid 30's.

Here is my male sunning in the neighbor's weeping cherry tree. Taken a few minutes ago. We still see lots of hawks around. In the second shot both birds are watching as a hawk circles over head.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America