Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: MyaC picture (April what's in flower ☼)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MyaC

Subject: April what's in flower ☼

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of April what's in flower ☼
MyaC wrote:
Great to read the last 3 months of the flowering thread and I read the Brugmansia thread also, great things happening Chrissy, Cetsrum and Dianne, well done. I hear Alistair has gone OS to grow exotics, much wider market for the commercial trade so hope he's successful. After coming back to OS I can't imagine a better place than Aust

Well my garden at the big house has flourished with the monsoonal rains that have hopefully gone now. We have settled in our other beach house 2 houses away from our big house and can close this up when ever we want to leave, it's so easy to maintain . My new passion (for plants that is ) are the new Aglaonemas that are going to hit the Australian market big time in the next year. I was able to get my hands on 6 new varieties that I got by tissue culture in Thailand . These little darlings thrive outside in the tropics and ABSOLUTELY nothing eats them. Below is a picture of a couple that I have just planted out. They are quite small but as you can see by the pic that the old common Silver Queen near it, is so plain compared to these new hybrids. I have no idea how they pollinate and not much research literature out there so will have to keep on digging..... wow you can put 5 pic's at once on here, were we always able to do that or is that a new feature?

I noticed Cestrum that Judy's yellow oleander flowered for you, mine is over 6ft and still no flowers, oh well maybe next season. I'm back for the winter here on the Island , the best place in the world to spend winters so will pop in regularly. I had my ipad and it's so frustrating with these mobile internet servers ,so slow that doing online forums is the pits, we won't even talk about the limitations of the iphone and how slow that is, give me a normal computer anyday...can you tell I'm menopausal, no patience at all.

Hope this photo turns out OK on here, do I need to resize???? can't remember,

This message was edited Apr 2, 2012 10:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America