Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: MyaC picture (April what's in flower ☼)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MyaC

In reply to: April what's in flower ☼

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of April what's in flower ☼
MyaC wrote:
Di tell me that's not yours or if it is, lock it up, cause I know where you live...aren't they stunning most new hybrids are so vibrant that you wonder where they got the red/pink colour from initially as most of the aglaonemas were so plain.

Chrissy yes they are all OS but slowly filtering in the country via the tissue/flask culture system ,this is done in a big way and the people that have initially started the importing have made a grave mistake by not setting up their production up north here....it's taking them absolute ages to get them growing because they need a humid warm climate albeit in shade to thrive. I'm experimenting at present and I have them in full shade ,full sun ,filtered light,as an understorey plant and honestly they are just thriving ,new leaves galore. You know how we used to baby our brugs ,petrified because they were so rare, well never again, they swim or sink...look how little this was 2 weeks ago, it's literally doubled.

ebay sellars are now releasing some stock,this will go down in price once bunnings get there hands on some........

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m5...

This message was edited Apr 3, 2012 5:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America