Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: 77sunset picture (April what's in flower ☼)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: April what's in flower ☼

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of April what's in flower ☼
77sunset wrote:
Nothing much in the way of flowers good enough to take pics of at the moment.
Largely due to me finally chopping half the garden down.

Anthony, I love dahlias and had a wonderful show here years ago when I first grew them here on the hill.
They were so torn to pieces by the wind that I eventually gave up.
I had some lovelies, bought from the Bot. Gardens in Portland where they grow hundreds for the annual Anzac Day display.
I still have one or two around somewhere. .

You will end up with no room for your liliums if you start on dahlias. .....lol

There is always one more you havent got and must have..
hmmmmmm why does that sound familiar.??

Shaun, I had a ginormous tobacco plant here a few years ago.
It just grew from nowhwere. self seeded for a few years then all disappeared, much to my disappointment.
The scent was lovely.

Pic is one of the nerines. I have white, red, red/orange., lt pink, dk pink and about 15 new ones I just had to buy..
Well, I didnt have them, did I ??

Jean.

This message was edited Apr 9, 2012 1:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America