Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Flowers: warriorswisdomkathy picture (planting creeping phlox.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: planting creeping phlox.

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of planting creeping phlox.
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
On the subject of creeping phlox..are they in bloom or done? If done you could take them out of their pots and check to see if there are several stems in various parts of the pot. If there are, you could let dry alittle then will be easier to break apart. If you happen to break any stems just stick them in the ground and keep them moist, they will sprout new roots in no time, give em a few weeks, then a light tug to see if there's any resistance, if so they have rooted, if not stick that stem back in the ground. They truely are a very easy plant. When I do spring cleanup, I brush the mat of phlox hard to get all the old crud off and if I happen to break any stems they go back into the ground to root, thus more plants.... Hope that helps... Oh also, as the mat gets larger, you will find that many stems have rooted to the ground, thus more plants to spread about, just break any stem that keep he two plants together.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America