Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: moesaid2 picture ( Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright moesaid2

In reply to: Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of  Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds
moesaid2 wrote:
New Gardner here..... YAY!! I've always wanted to start a garden, but never seemed to find the time or energy, but as a project for work I am working on a teaching garden. So I will be getting paid to garden.... :-)

The problem....I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!

Someone donated four 72 count jiffy mini greenhouse trays for my garden and I bought herbs seeds and veggie seeds.....I've been reading all of the post and it seems pretty easy. I planted herb seeds yesterday and stuck them in a spare room with a heater. I was told that they like warm weather and since my apt is kind of cold, I turned a heater on in the room. However, I found that the heater is drying them out, so I turned it off and now the lid is full of condensation. I'm assuming this is a good thing? When should the seeds germinate? My goal is to have them planted by May 23 (we have a deadline with my job....long story). Some of the post I've read had seedlings as early as a week....Can I expect to have them put in the ground by my deadline?

Even if they aren't ready to be planted by then, this is turning out to be a FUN project....

I've also heard that the jiffy trays aren't good for tomatoes because tomatoes need more space? Can I plant anything in the tray?? I read the post about carrots....what else is not good to go into the trays??

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America