Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Seed Germination: moesaid2 picture ( Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright moesaid2

In reply to: Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of  Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds
moesaid2 wrote:
New Gardner here..... YAY!! I've always wanted to start a garden, but never seemed to find the time or energy, but as a project for work I am working on a teaching garden. So I will be getting paid to garden.... :-)

The problem....I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!

Someone donated four 72 count jiffy mini greenhouse trays for my garden and I bought herbs seeds and veggie seeds.....I've been reading all of the post and it seems pretty easy. I planted herb seeds yesterday and stuck them in a spare room with a heater. I was told that they like warm weather and since my apt is kind of cold, I turned a heater on in the room. However, I found that the heater is drying them out, so I turned it off and now the lid is full of condensation. I'm assuming this is a good thing? When should the seeds germinate? My goal is to have them planted by May 23 (we have a deadline with my job....long story). Some of the post I've read had seedlings as early as a week....Can I expect to have them put in the ground by my deadline?

Even if they aren't ready to be planted by then, this is turning out to be a FUN project....

I've also heard that the jiffy trays aren't good for tomatoes because tomatoes need more space? Can I plant anything in the tray?? I read the post about carrots....what else is not good to go into the trays??

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America